Saturday, April 26, 2008

Covered up lives

Don't you hate it when you have to make a decision that you don't like and that is going to remind you of itself for a while? When you're sorry that you had to? When you're not sure that things will be better or even different either way? I don't like it at all.

Went out after school tonight to watch a soccer match on TV, only to discover they didn't have the match. So ended up having a couple good conversations and hang out time. I have no idea how I manage to make positive impressions on people. Lots to think about in the coming days, weeks and months. Questions that I would have not been able to ponder a year ago. Funny how life changes on us while we're watching, despite the fact we're watching.

I know not everyone here is the fan of the same kind of music as I am, but I am really impressed with what I've heard of Thrice's new album. Musically and lyrically. Moving Mountains has struck me of late with its imagery and allegory, especially as it relates to how I walk in this world. Broken Lungs also hits me where I don't want it to right now, especially in my interactions and relationships with those whom I live with and work with here.

One day, this will make sense. One day, I will be ready for the weight of going Home. Until that day.

My cousin graduates from high school today. Thanks to the power of the internet, I got to call and talk to her for a couple minutes today. Congratulations, Rach. You're my favorite high school senior.

No comments: