Friday, February 22, 2008

Within the gale.

Grace can still be found.
I will be delivered from here.
Fear and reverence raise my spirits.
My drowning is not the end of me.
Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him.

This has not been a good few days for me. I lie to people when they ask me, say things are fine. I just want to go Home. I know that since I can't get there yet, I have to be here. Inadequacy assails me, and frontiers in my mind that I had thought long pushed back come creeping forward. What am I doing here? Where can I find the answers to all my questions, all my failings, all my longings?

But in truth, this is not what I am here to have discovered. Even though I am struggling, there is no other place I would rather be. The open water here is my only fear, but I'll sail as long as I still have breath in me. I'll swim because I know that I won't make it on my own. I'll surrender not to my own wishes, but to the wishes of the one who gives and takes away. What else do I have to do?

He holds my dreams.

No comments: