Friday, January 11, 2008

Wolf am I (Where is the still life?)

I did not get my luggage yesterday. I am more irritated about that than I should be. I don't actually *need* any of the stuff in the luggage, it's just all stuff I want, and some stuff for other people, and some stuff I paid good money for. So I guess I'm not as disconnected from materialism as I wish I was.

My battle with jetlag continues. I woke up yesterday at 2:30 A.M after going to bed at 8:00 P.M.ish, so six hours, not bad. I had been up for about 48-50 hours with only about an hour or two of sleep, so I was tired and fairly pleased with my amount of sleep. It's aggravating to lay in bed for a long time, but that's ok. However, last night I went to bed at 9:30 p.m., and I woke up at 1:30. And could not return to sleep. So today, I'm semi-coherent and semi-crabby.

One thing I've realized over this break is that I'm semi-compartmentalized in my life, or put another way, I adjust fast to differing circumstances. Being in the states was just, "Boom, I'm back" and no adjustment seemed necessary. Here, it's sort of the same thing, I feel like I'm here, and I'm ready for life to be semi-normal again.

Normalcy is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your stuff comes soon. You and I seem to have the same travel issues. People should not travel with us I guess :) Hope the jetlag catches up soon too - I hate waking up at 2am done with sleep, and yet still so tired......