Friday, September 14, 2007

You needed whisks? But why?

Played Ultimate Frisbee today. I got on a really good team, so we won both times pretty big. It was pretty fun, but it was hot. Ultimate is a really interesting game, there is a real combination of skill and athletic ability needed. It's also a game that you can jump into without a lot of skill, if your teammates are willing to help you along.

I have more to hassle with with this internet based test, that does not make me happy. But whatever. It's my job, so I deal with it.

Yesterday was an ok but good day, in several ways. We're working on accreditation, so we had some committee meetings in the morning. Since I'm lacking the educational background that a lot of the other folks have, some of the things we did really didn't make sense to me. I guess I have to just learn on my feet and learn fast. Those meetings were OK. Then, I spent a good chunk of the rest of the morning working on programming club. I wrote a couple things from scratch, modified old programs that I had for others, and generally had a pretty fun time, hacking away at code and compiler. I don't think anyone else here would understand if I told them it was fun, but that's just what I do. I went over and did some lazy work, decided I was going to stop, then I played some more games. Went got supper, read some, then went and watched "The Good Shepard" I can't really recommend the movie, it was pretty boring, there was some content that could have been avoided, but one of the things that really stuck out to me was the way that the main character made mistakes that really affected his life, long term. And tried to deal with those mistakes, not always in the most constructive of fashions, and often with bad results. I liked the fact that it didn't have the happiest ending, and that in the end, it shows what we stoop to when we fail.

I may be doing some consulting work for a local engineering company. We'll see how that develops, I had some difficulty understand the gentleman over the phone the other day.

Hm... if you ran a ps -aux on my head right now, you'd see a couple user processes spawning lots of threads. Every day, it seems like instead of things becoming more clear, things become more obfuscated, that another layer of abstraction gets added on to them. There are things that I wish I could just change owner on, and that I wouldn't have to deal with anymore. But the abdication of responsibility is something that I am very familiar with, and I can't do in these cases. So instead of abdicating, I am evaluating, seeking Counsel, trying to be shown where or why things are to go and to take place.

A Place, a Place is set up on the hills. This could be the Place.

No comments: