Saturday, August 11, 2007

Put your house arrest away...



This, such as it is, is my office. Sorry, the problem with pictures on the blog is that our oversubscribed satellite connection is horribly upstream limited, so it took 5 minutes just to upload that photo. So there it is. My office.

In other news, I don't have any. I feel like I'm swimming upstream with all the things I keep finding out. Trees, forest.

Oh, I did get to play architect sort of today. See, we're going into a new building, and I'm sort of in charge of getting the network coordinated. So, since we have to find out where everything is supposed to go, and how long the runs are supposed to be, and since apparently in Afghanistan, you don't get little things like blueprints, I got to measure all the rooms and stuff, and then draw it up roughly so we can figure out where the network drops go. It was a diversion away from all the other things I have to get done.

Orientation next couple of days.

Not a thing left to say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the blanket thrown over the chair? To cut down on the radiating heat? -Nara

Russ said...

It was here when I arrived, I think it's to keep the cushion on.

Anonymous said...

I guess that makes sense.

Unknown said...

Actually, being a vinyl chair, the blanket keeps the 'sitter' from sweating in the summer and sticking to the chair in the winter.