Wednesday, January 31, 2007

This must be...

Well, I'm not as unfrustrated as I could be at this point.

Apparently, I am currently the only person at church who is capable and willing to run sound for services on Sunday. This is distressing, because I don't want to do it all the time. I have other things I help with that, a) I think are more important and b) I enjoy more. While I'm trying not to close off the sound area, I just don't have the desire to do it. I've told them I only want to do it a week or two a month, and I'm really, really going to try to stick to that. I'll feel bad if that leaves them hanging on the vine, but I also definitely do not want to leave my kids hanging on the vine. Some of these kids I have had for a year and a half, and even though I might not be the best teacher, I do have a decent relationship with some of them. And I don't want to make them think they aren't important or anything. So, yeah, this is aggravating.

On top of this, I am not as content with other areas as I could be. I know I'm not walking where I should as far as prayer, real devotions, or being truly concerned about my fellow men. Ideas and abstracts can tantalize for longer than we would like. In my little world, in my sad little world. Like chains on me. You say you can set me free, you want to set me free?

I looked at the trap, Ray.

Now I'll always be the same, but how you think of me will soon change.

No comments: