Monday, February 05, 2007

Roman historiography, or the best SF from Wales?

Alastair Reynolds has a new book coming out in April! I can't wait. The only problem is that I'll probably have to wait until May because of the import... Maybe I can use the UK bookstore I bought Galatic North from again... I'll have to check on that when I get home tonight, so this is as much a reminder to me as a note of enthusiasm to both people who read my blog!

Bonus! The Prefect is a Revelation Space/Yellow Stone/Inhibitor novel! Not that Pushing Ice wasn't highly enjoyable, but I'm really excited to see Reynolds exploring more of the dynamic that he created in RS. It's such a rich universe, too, with numerous settings for any kind of story throughout the timeline...

Supreme Commander in 2 weeks, and new Reynolds in a couple months? The only better news, entertainment wise, would be Peter Jackson making the Hobbit moive, Vernor Vinge soon publishing the next "Zones of Thought" novel, GRRM finishing A Song of Ice and Fire, and Fallout 3 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. being good games. We can only hope.

No comments: