Sunday, October 04, 2009

Attention to those in the lounge chair!

Exhalation. I am done with the teaching experience for this year! I am exceedingly glad. It ended OK, but I am not cut out to be a teacher for my fulltime occupation. I am very glad that when I was initially offered a teaching position here, I felt no compulsion to take it.

I am back to working my regular job, and trying to get caught all up and get projects finished and started. The whole bit like that. I need to buckle down and get some initial projects squared away, and I'm hoping that happens this week.

I've got basketball for the kids going now. I had 3rd and 4th grade basketball yesterday. It's a lot of fun. Those kids are great. I may be not doing high school regularly, with one of the other teachers picking that up and me doing Jr. High. That would be OK with me. The high school kids are not the most tractable, and don't exactly want to listen to my instruction and help. The Jr. High kids are better.

I really like Thrice's new Beggars album. A lot. I'm not really sure why, either. I just do.

There are a lot of trials, little and big, to being here that I would like to whine about. Instead, I want to ask that you Remember D as she starts teaching her classes this week. She's been waiting, and is excited to be finally starting again.

No comments: