Thursday, August 13, 2009

I was right

I finished Hunters today. Or maybe it was Sandworms. Either way, the book discussed in the earlier post.

And I was right. My gosh. It's like the writers didn't read DUNE or decided that one of the things which seemed to me to be Frank Herbert's ENTIRE POINT in writing the series was not worthwhile. Major characters and their deaths were totally wasted, instead of treating them like FH did (end of Children of Dune, Emperor of Dune, or Chapterhouse, anyone?), the characters are just... wasted. And why did you lobotomize Teg and Duncan? Or Sheeana. Or even Bellonda and Murbella, for that matter? I'm sorry, but FH's characters were not that stupid. Argh. I guess I'm just not the audience for the book, but that was a waste of my money. I should have just read them from the library.

Sigh. New people got here today. We played some ball. I am out of shape.

No comments: