Monday, September 08, 2008

The stars and the refraction

Twinkle, Twinkle.

They did every night for quarter of a hundred years, glorious in their silent watch over me. I learned as much by the light of the stars as I did by the harsh lights that burned during the day.

And one day, I count as much as the day at hand, I will see them bright and burning, no atmosphere, no retreat behind distance and time, but there and real.

We had the day off today. I goofed off, played volleyball, did some work, talked to some people. I'd ask that you remember us here. Lots of people are sick, people are gone, and there's a heaviness that pervades during this current time here. We really could use your remembrance.

Do you know that the stars shine just like they do because of design decisions made long ago? And how we would never trade their shining, twinkling for any cheap imitations.

No comments: