Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One foot off the ground

So... today has been kind of nice. Kind of weird. Kind of everything. Work is going good, I'm getting all these new computers figured out, I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. Sometimes, I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything at work, because I'm 'just' fixing people's problems. Which is good, which is part of why I'm here, but I want to do new things, improve things, not just maintain. So I have this constant struggle between getting things done and serving people's needs. Today I got to do both, so that's good.

Also, today, I was almost as sick as I've been whilst in Kabul. And that's not that sick, so that is cool. Was kind of uncomfortable, but nothing horrible.

Also, today, we got to play Frisbee! I did OK, a couple decent catches, some crummy throws, but this was the first time in over a week that I've got to play, so that rocked. It's fun to just get out and run and play.

Also, today we had a team meeting, and it combined with my guys group last night has made me think about some things that I think I needed to think about. So another good thing.

So a nice day, all in all.

The question I'm pondering right now is, how much more do I need to focus on being a child over being focused on being a servant?

No comments: