Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Norwegian Blue

This is an ex-Parrot.

FRISBEE! It was good, and I played decent.

I'm getting the computer lab set up slowly. 3 down, 15 to go.

I've got a new school promo video to get done, fortunately, I'm just restructuring the old one, with minimal new footage. Still, it's a project that has to get done by the end of this month, and it's going to be a close thing to get it done.

I keep opening my mouth when I shouldn't, and I keep suddenly having conversations that are a lot harder to work with than I expect them to be. What's up with that?

I saved another child's life today. I am walking past one of the bathrooms and one of the local staffers stops me and says, "Excuse me, Mr. Russ. There's someone stuck in the bathroom. Is locked."

I think to myself, "This is going to be fun."

Knock on door.

"What's happening?"

"I'm stuck!"

"Who's in there?"

"Me."

The sound of Russ looking around for hidden cameras.

"No, you need to tell me your name."

"[Child's Name]."

The sound of Russ thinking to himself, "Nope, not surprised."

"Ok, [Child's Name], turn the lock. [20 seconds of random lock-sounding noises] No, try the other way."

"Here's the key, Mr. Russ."

The key, spectacularly, fails. There's nothing for it, but to keep having the 1st grader inside try.

"Go the other way. No, [Random 4th Grade boy that walks by], I don't need help, go to class."

At this point, I'm about to tell the kid to stand as far away from the door as he can, and break it down when...

"Click chunk chink swoosh" The door opens. The first grader literally runs away. I figure he's embarrassed enough, I'll just let him go.

Curious as to what the problem may have been, I went into the bathroom and proceeded to get myself locked into the bathroom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Presumably, though, you got out somehow ... either that or you had your laptop with you and sent this post as a coded plea for help...

Michaela said...

Is this the same boy who got his head stuck in his chair?

Michaela said...

Is this the same child who got his head stuck in the chair?

Linda said...

i have to say that i don't often have time to sit around and read blogs, but i'm sick in bed today. and i'm glad i read this... it's the first time i've smiled all day. thanks for sharing.