Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Keep the ANGLO SAXONS ALONE!

Er. I wish I could figure out where this title came from.

Anyway, today was another day. I don't need many more of these to occur in America. I did win my first game of Civ IV today. I'm trying to decide if I should take it back to the 'Stan with me. I need to keep interacting with people, and if I have some deep, immersive video game, I might get lost in that when times get hard, instead of really trying to grow.

I think the 'Stan embassy may have lost my passport, because my visa should have been here a week ago. I'm going to call and complain tomorrow, because if they lost my passport I have to deal with the hassle of getting a new one, getting a visa, and all that jazz. They may also be busy, so I think this may be an interesting process. I keep Asking for insecurity so I can trust, and keep regretting it too much.

Also, football camp started today. It was pretty cool, although I'm not as up to speed on all the technical details of football like I should be. I guess I just fake it.

I keep forgetting that there are other people in the house now, and I shouldn't sing really loud at 11:00 P.M. while I'm typing up a blog post. However, I'm finding that Far-less just rocks right now, and I want to sing. It's not me, it's you.

I'm planning on taking off for a day next week, going somewhere quiet for the day, taking my Book and my notebook and writing two position papers. The first paper, a position paper on what Growth I have experienced last year. The second paper, a position paper on what I feel like I am being Directed to do next year and in the future. One of the things my mentors talked with me about at the conference is long-term placement, and I just don't know what I'm being Directed to do in that area. There are lots of reasons to stay, reasons to leave, and I need to seek for Direction because I have these warring desires to be mobile and agile battling with my desire to deeply immerse myself in the place. So I'm going to check out for a day, go somewhere quiet, bright, and green, and remember Who else.

Between the river and the ravens, I'm fed. So since I just get the strength for each day, and mine is about worn through for this one, I'm heading for bed.

No comments: