Sunday, June 08, 2008

Stereo conflicted reduction

Rolls along, gathering no moss.

We went out to the Lebanese restaurant tonight, had good food, good company. The six of us just kind of got to talking about funny anecdotes and laughed for most of the evening. It was great to just relax and have a good time, barely talked about school except for funny things that had happened. I'm going to miss folks, but it was a great last evening with them in Kabul.

I fly out tomorrow. Seven weeks and I'll be back. And even though everything will be the same, it will never be the same.

I often wonder why I was sent here this year. What was I supposed to do, to be, what effect was I supposed to have? I know at least one person I helped by being here, another that I hope I have helped by being here, and many more, I will never know. But that's OK. It makes me just have to rely more on trust and being who I've been created to be, and do what I am being Led to do.

Come what may, I will run.

No comments: