Saturday, May 24, 2008

Setting suns over the shadows of delight

Well. Today was a day where I looked up, it was 11:30 A.M. and I couldn't decide if I should be happy that half the day was gone, if I should be frustrated that I hadn't gotten more done, or if I was just tired and hungry and didn't really care. I'm really trying not to 'look forward' to going back to the States, but it's kind of hard at times.

I tried to be as helpful as possible today, and didn't get some stuff done that I probably needed to. That's the way it goes sometimes, I guess.

I woke up early and worked out. That makes my mornings better, so I'm going to try to keep doing it. I'm kind of planning on buying a bike in the States and riding for a while every morning.

Some of the teachers had a TCK re-entry seminar this afternoon that I helped with. It was good to get to talk to some of our seniors about things they'll encounter in college. I hope it helped.

As far as the rest of everything goes...

Ever notice that you have an 'public' voice and a 'family' voice? Different tones, mannerisms, expressions? I found myself using my family voice around someone today that I didn't realize I was really at the comfort level to use the family voice with. It was strange. It is strange to be this person in this place.

I'm fine again. I know who I am, and I know the only one Who never changes. I'm in a masquerade, but I don't always play the game.

No comments: