Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our whole world is true

Trade you. My last few days have been absolutely crazy. Tomorrow is graduation, and it is going to be hectic as well.

I take that back. I wouldn't trade you for the world. I've realized, the last couple days, that I can do this. I was built for this, I was made for this. Rather than being back in the comfortable lifestyle I held, I was built to push and go and go until I don't have much more left to give. I guess there's a form of arrogance in that statement, but it's as much truth as I can manage to give you at this point.

Is there really anywhere else left for us to go? I don't have any starfish, I don't have any absolution, no recalcitrant faces. Just me and my own lack of meaningfulness. So we take what comes, and just don't require to to make the kind of sense that we used to want it to. I quit being offended at people's statements when I make the same kind. I quit insisting that my stability be predicated on my own ability. I just walk alone, back Home.

No comments: