Thursday, March 06, 2008

Light to see

So...

There was a dance party at the embassy tonight. For various and sundry mostly wrong reasons, I signed up to go. Then decided not to. However, most of campus went. Then the couple people I was hanging out with all decided to go. This bummed me out. I wanted to hang out with people so I didn't have to be alone and just go mope for a while. There were some folks watching a semi-depressing movie, and I wasn't in the keep being depressed mood. I didn't know what I was going to do.

Then I decided, I'm not going to mope around! I stuck in my headphones, played Haste The Day, Thrice, Bleach, and some other random stuff while having my own dance party on the basketball court, basically doing whatever I wanted while sort of shooting a basketball, occasionally growling with Haste The Day or singing really loud with Thrice. I did this for about an hour. Then, I decided that I was going to go turn around all the desks in the high school building (as you can tell I was getting rather goofy at this point), when I met one of the teachers, getting stuff out of his classroom. He had been at another activity and had just got back. So we watched a movie.

All in all, my mope-around time turned into a good time. While I was having my dance party on the basketball court, I Talked to my Dad, and we got some stuff worked through that I would have just ignored if I had gone to the party. And then instead of letting me sort of get in trouble like I probably would have for moving all the desks around, I got to hang out and watch a movie for a while.

Then surprise the returners from the party when they got back.

And NOW BE TOO WOUND UP TO GO TO BED, BUT I HAVE TO, SO I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS TO LET SOME ENERGY OUT!

Time to return.

No comments: