Thursday, February 28, 2008

Where the effigies come to halve.

I am poor in most everything, but I will get a crown of kings.

Well. I've really been trying to work today. I've got a lot that didn't get done this last week, and I need to figure out this P.E. stuff. But I'm having a difficult time concentrating today. So I think maybe if I put a blog entry in, then go eat lunch, I may be able to come back and get some stuff done this afternoon.

The index finger hurts because it got bashed pretty good yesterday while I was carrying a TV and had the door I was just about to open, open magically rapidly into my hand, causing there to be a small sized skin rupture on the finger. It was swollen yesterday, but I iced it up for a while and it felt better. I didn't have the energy to make up a creative story for the kids involving ferrets, mollusks, toucans, or snow leopards.

I've been pretty worn down this week. This having to teach thing is really stressing me out, I'm feeling some other stresses about being here, and I'm really struggling to Trust about something and someone I know I need to.

It seems though, that just as I feel like I'm not going to be able to do much else than go back to my room and sleep, I get just the encouragement or energy I need. A cheerful text message. Getting off campus to play frisbee. A smiley face of skittles. A hug from a kindergartener. A funny request from a friend via e-mail. (asking for a witty answer to "What if dogs and cats had opposable thumbs?" since Monday is "What if dogs and cats had opposable thumbs?" Day. Anybody got any ideas?) A nice chat. A good morning Reading. Being able to help a friend. Thanks, friend.

Speaking of the funny request, if you could Remember a good friend of my former boss. He's very sick, and my boss and his family are trying to encourage the friend and his family by sending them a holiday card every day. (M & S, I think you guys are great for doing that. Anytime you need ideas, let me know, and I'll share them here, I'm sure at least one of my readers can come up with some idea).

Earlier today, I strolled down the street because I was hungry and wanted nan. All three of our local nan shops were out since it was 10:00 A.M. and they'd sold the morning's production and no one buys nan between about 9:30 and 11:00, apparently. Anyway, it made me really want to be able to just walk through this city for a while. Obviously, I'm not going to do that, but that's what we have to deal with sometimes, the feeling of being cooped up. I've gotten out a little more than other people, but one of my friends who went to Frisbee Tuesday said she thought this was the second time in a month and a half that she'd been more than a mile or two from campus. I'm not terribly bothered by this most of the time, but some of my friends really are, and it would be great if you could Remember us here during this current locked down time.

1 comment:

AnnDave said...

What if right handed people could write left handed? Would they be considered enabled or challenged?