Saturday, February 09, 2008

Well, I should ha- wait, was that Jack Hartman?

Today has been a day. A day.

It started with my early morning heater turn on project, which involves me motivating myself to get up and out of bed in time to be able to turn everyone's heaters on, while still having time to do all my other regular morning stuff. Unfortunately, there was lots of gas out all over the place, and I between figuring that out, changing bottles, and then filling in morning duty for someone who was sick, then subbing for Kindergarten computer, I didn't even turn my computer on until 9:00. Then, I subbed for PE at 10:40. So my morning was hectic, my afternoon better, I have the promo video done except for the media printing. It took me long enough, though. After work, I worked out really quick, I need to run more, but I have a hard time motivating myself to do it.

Then we had supper, and after supper, I went and helped my roommate from last semester (who lives just down the street now) fix a couple things on his computer, then we hooked up his XBOX360. I say hooked up, because I had helped him figure out what he would need to do about power, which ain't like the states where you can just plug anything into the wall. Anyway, we got him powered up and going, and then we played 30 minutes or so of Halo3. I'm not a huge Halo fan, or a huge console gamer, but it was just a bunch of pure fun to play XBOX in Kabul with my buddy.

The fact that people here talk to me about their issues or their lives kind of weirds me out sometimes. I guess they feel comfortable around me, or that they can talk to me since they know I have a dearth of good advice, and will generally just be quiet and listen. That, or if they come to my office and I have it, I give them chocolate. I think it's the chocolate.

Been reading through the book to the folks in Italy recently. Lots of good stuff in there. I think I'll re-read it once I get done.

My fingers are frozen, it's mid single digits outside, and I think it's as close to freezing as is possible without actually freezing in my room, so I'm going to crawl under my nice warm covers, and sleep.

No comments: