Friday, February 15, 2008

Mark me with sparks and send me. Send me.

Tomorrow first thing is the great heater turn on project, then a thing to get done before 9:00 A.M., then my P.E. experience starts. I've got 3 classes, 10th Grade Weight Training, Elementary P.E., and 9th Grade Boys' health. And lunch duty and car line. And homework club this week. And assembly Monday morning. And two more documents to get done for the accreditation stuff. It's going to be a busy week.

But it has been a pretty decent weekend. I slept in a little yesterday, hung out with friends for a while in the morning to early afternoon. Looked at and booked our beach front rooms in Thailand for Spring Break. That's going to be fun. Last night, we had a singles Valentine's day dinner. Lots of good food, and pretty good company. I was in kind of a weird mood, parties aren't my thing, and I didn't let myself have a really good time. I'm glad for my friends who care about me and my weirdness, though.

Today was a good day, even if we were on travel restriction. We played frisbee in the street for a while, quit after throwing the disc into the neighbors' yards a couple times. I hung out with friends, worked out, got to read and talk for a while, which was a happy way to end my day. It was nice to come out of the weekend with good feelings, even though I know those feelings alone won't carry me through the rest of the week.

Figuring out life can be tough, and I wish it wasn't. I get what I need for each day, and I must work to be content with my what is it for each day, and not try to gather more. For when I try to see ahead, when I try to take more than I should, my what is it just rots overnight. Instead, I will trust in who gives me my what is it, that I'll get what I need each and every day.

I need to go to bed for tomorrow is the start of a week for me. As your week draws to a close, I hope you remember this land, and Ask that those here would get their what is it every day.

No comments: