Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I get the peeling

Well, it's Thursday morning, and another week has concluded. We've reached midterms, teachers are all doing grades... I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. I'm going to play basketball this morning, see if I can just slam what's hanging around of this sore throat out.

In news of the rest of life, I'm really struggling to schedule my priorities accurately. Since I really don't have a 'boss', or established long-term goals/projects, I really have to force myself to try to develop them. But since I haven't been around here long, and I don't have a good understanding of the educational environment yet, it's kind of hard.

I went out to this coffee shop/cafe place with a couple other people last night, because I thought it would be a good idea to get out for a while. And once there, I'm thinking, "Why did I come here again? I don't like these kinds of places?" But it turned out OK, life is fine. I can back, and worked out to work off the milkshake I had, then watched a Louis L'Amour movie with some other folks. I love old westerns, they're so simple, uncomplicated, you can tell who's a bad guy and who's a good guy straight away. Nice, simple.

There are things in life I wish were nice and simple like that, but I guess that's just a false hope. In fact, in many ways it is probably better that life isn't simple and straightforward, because wouldn't that be kind of boring? Besides, wouldn't it also require zero trust to make it through? This way, I know I'm not making it on mine own.

No comments: