Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Look! It's not a wildebeast!!!

Today has been an gradually more satisfactory day. I woke up at 2:48 A.M., and laid there until about 5:00 when I actually fell back asleep for about an hour and a half. The bad part about that was that then I was really, really wasted. I came over to work about 7:30, and didn't get much done this morning, because I was really out of it. About 11:00, things started going better, and once I had lunch, I really got on a roll, and did get a decent amount of stuff done. I'm finally to the point where I'm pretty sure I understand what I need to know and get done, and I have a couple of discrete tasks (computer fixing) to do, which will help me stay focused. So, morning poor, afternoon better.

Supper was good, man, I'm glad I don't have to cook for myself. I do that poorly enough in America, think how it would be in a foriegn country!

But the better news is that today, today was luggage day. Not only did most of the luggage that other folks were missing come in, but mine did too! Yay! I've never been so happy to carry nigh unto 80 pounds up a flight of stairs. I am pretty pleased, I'm wearing different pants, and different shoes! Heck, I even put on my baseball cap, just for the fun of it. (I know, this seems weird for me. Hey, I think it's wierd, and it's me doing it!)

Some folks have requested pictures - I'm sorry I don't have any yet. Tomorrow is functionally Saturday, so I might take some then... I don't know, lots to do.

Oh, and I might be moving, out of the men's dorm over to a house (still on campus), which is fine. They want to do some different stuff with the rooms, and since there's another guy coming who will probably be at the school temporarily, it makes sense to move him and I into the house, which is where the family of the gentlemen who I'm filling in for lives while they are here.

In other news, I think I might be able to fit in here, in my own way. Of course, I did oddly surprise some people earlier when they asked me what I did to fix the internet in their house, and I told them the cord was bad, so I put a new end on it. She asked me how I knew it was bad, and I told her that the wires are color-coded, and they were in the wrong order. Folks looked at me in a 'How do you know that' fashion, and someone said to my inquirer, "Well, I guess you know not to ask that question again!" I was amused.

Well, it's about 7:00 P.M., and one of the teachers is having folks to her house then, so I'd best be off.

No comments: