Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Impressionism

It seems that I now want an iPad 2. But I'm not really sure what for. I guess I just want the new gear, new stuff. I might be getting a new iPhone for work, so that might sate my desires for the time being. I also want a Macbook air, and a pony.

We've been going through books in our small group that, while good, I just think are simplistic. Maybe I'm too egotistical, but I feel like I was hoping our group would be really challenging, and it's not for us. So then the question is, where does our role in the group lie?

I somedays wish I could join a mid-stage start up as an apprentice, and become a powerful hacker. But then, I don't want software development to become my life, which is why I've never become a real hacker.

I have a wonderful wife who makes me great food. I'm really happy I married a rice and chicken girl instead of a meat and potatoes one.

I think we might get a tax refund.

In a couple weeks, I will have the potential opportunity to fleece small children out of ultra-local currency. That, my friends, may be cool.

Finished David Edward's Before Taliban. Next I will probably read some fiction, then some deep stuff, interspersed with Programmers at Work and maybe some data structures (to refresh myself). And still read articles, also try to write code for hobby projects, and maybe, just maybe, start writing a book that no one will probably ever read.

And there goes another blog post.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Don't think I can help with the iPad but for your other desires perhaps this will help? It's in your area.