Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So this is Christmas...

I don't think I've ever done this before, but it is Christmas, and I think this would be a great way to help be the reason for Christmas to some needy people.

The dish washer in our dining hall, whom I'll call Z, at school is 19. We think he got through 8th grade in the local schools. He has worked for us for a year and a half now. He is the only one in his family with a job, and has been for the last 3 years, if I understood what he once told me correctly. Two days ago, Z's father died. It was not totally unexpected, but still unfortunate. Z has a mother and two younger sisters that he is still the primary breadwinner for.

Here's why I post this - in local culture, the family has to provide a big meal for the funeral. It is expensive and it can cost up to $5000 which is a lot of money when the primary breadwinner makes about $150 a month. The employees at the school are pitching in to give them money to help out, and it would be great if you would consider giving too. If you would be willing, e-mail me with the amount you would be willing to give, and then I will let our staff in Kabul now. I need a pledge because they have to have the funeral tomorrow.

Please, consider giving to be Him to those who need to know Him.

No comments: