Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shine with me

Well, it's almost that time. Soon, I will depart.

D and I are pretty excited to be going home. It's been a long, good, hard, couple of months. It will be good to go home and be in a far more relaxing, hopefully far less stressful environment. I am looking forward to seeing my family and spending time with both D and my family.

I will share one really encouraging thing that happened to me yesterday. I've been working on an update to our website, and we've been corresponding with a company about it. There were some things we wanted different with their quote, so I sent them an e-mail about the various things, which I also copied the school director (who is also involved in the project) on. He sent me a back an e-mail saying that I had sent a great concise e-mail, excellent job. It made me pretty excited, because that's the first piece of feedback I can remember receiving in the last 2.5 years about me doing things that are a little outside of my comfort zone and that I was unsure about, where I felt like my boss was in a position to observe and really say I had done a good job. It may seem like a little thing, but it really made my day. D can tell you that I was pretty excited about it.

Not else much to say. Please ask we have safe and hassle-free travel if you think of it. Also ask for some of our staff who aren't leaving for Christmas, especially our science teacher and his family.

We'll be back home (well, I'll be at D's so close to Home) in the U.S. in under 40 hours!

No comments: