Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Self-Reductive chemistry

Sigh. Today was a day where I spent about an hour and a half in my office. It was long and kind of frustrating in so many different ways. So much to do, so little time, so many different directions being pulled. I had five different people's computers or devices in my office to try to fix today, three different equipment reservations, and two major projects to work on. It was long and trying.

But then, I got to take D off campus for dinner, nothing fancy, but just nice to be away from school and with her. I didn't want to eat supper with the group because I just knew that someone would ask me to do something else. And it's great to spend time with her. Can I also strangely say that I really like it that she doesn't fight me about paying for her dinner, because it makes me feel good to do that. Yes, I know I'm weird.

Then we had a team meeting, where we recorded a version of the staff singing lean on me. It was semi-frustrating, but I think we got a good product.

Then, the inauguration. That man has so much pressure on his shoulders - it's almost as though he is carrying the hope of much of the country, nay, the world himself. I don't want him to, but what if he stumbles? He's a white knight, he needs a dark one. (Oh, I'm aware of the racial undertones that seem implicit in that, but I don't mean them that way.) Still, I do have high hopes for what he can inspire to change. We'll see.

I'm so ready to be past this stage of everything, but I know I just have to stay here while the work in my heart is Accomplished.

No comments: