- took mass transit to Puduraya, a bus station in KL, where we proceeded to luck our way into a bus that was going to our destination.
- Waited on the bus in the bus station until half an hour after it was time to leave.
- Left Puduraya.
- Went to another bus station to pick up some other passengers.
- Drove to the company bus yard, pulled into three different parking stalls, then picked on Then waited on the bus while they changed two tires. It was at this point we were sure they were going to kidnap us and steal our kidneys.
- Finally got on the road. Were in the bus from 10:30 A.M. until almost 9:00 P.M.
- Drove the first hour in first gear, basically.
- Ate at McDonalds in a new mall at our destination.
- Went to the Taxi stand and way overpaid to get to our hotel.
- Got to our hotel, checked in, got on WiFi, am blogging while the girls are watching a Malay zombie movie, and providing new subtitles.
This is the kind of day I can't imagine having had a year and a half ago. Driving across Malaysia was amazing, the country is so beautiful. This was a great day.
I'll have to post some photos when I get back to a good internet connection. Wifi here at the htel is not great.
Saturday, October 04, 2008