Sunday, August 31, 2008

See it swimming

So, today I got into a total, "Get stuff done" mode. I got things cleaned up in my office, plans made for the next week, some fairly important tasks done. It's been a pretty good day, even with having to sit at the high school desk for two hours and get my flower interrupted, with a deadline to meet for a wiring project, with no kids for elementary basketball because I didn't get my note to parents sent home. I got a ton of work done, I needed a day like this.

Then, after work, I went out to eat with a group of folks. It was nice because it wasn't really my 'usual' group. I'm getting better and better about making an effort to interact with the new people. We had a good time, the director went with us which is pretty cool.

It's cool because as you may remember, he had a massive heart attack while we were hiking at the end of the year last year, and almost died. There were times we weren't sure he was going to come back, but he did. He's an awesome guy, and it's great to have him back.

The end of our trip was a little exciting, as I got to figure out how to change a tire on a Land Rover. It was an ideal situation for tire changing, though, so life is OK. I got back and walked and talked with some friends for a while, now I'm telling you about my day.

I've been reminded again that my attitude, especially about my job, is key to my life here. When I have the attitude that I am going to get stuff done, I get stuff done pretty well. When I don't have that attitude, I'm not as good at it.

No more noose, no more surrender to the things that hold me down. Today, I surrender to one thing only, the One that holds me up.

No comments: