Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Strong enough to walk in place

Another week in the books. One more, then a four-day weekend. A couple weeks after that, and we have spring break.

One of my best friend's grandpa died yesterday. He was, and I guess still is, a good man. My friend observed that he had figured out that talking to people just to talk to them is as good of a way to spend his time as any. I need to learn a lot of that lesson. Remember the family, it's a tough time for all of them.

I agreed to do this silly English for foreign-language speakers test again on Saturday, so I really should go prep for that this morning while our internet is good. It's just that there is no power in my building, and it's easy to not get out of bed and shower when there's no power. Hah! I just made a rhyme. Go me.

Yesterday after school, I got to eat chocolate ice cream with a couple of my friends. We bought a case of it from the restaurant the other day, and then saved it for almost a whole week. I was afraid I was going to have to lock my freezer to keep it from getting raided. That was a good time. They kidnapped the one girl who wasn't in on it, and blindfolded her. Just silly fun.

Getting out of bed is the hardest thing sometime. So much to do today, so little motivation. So many other things I'd like to do than the work I need to do. Well, here we go.

No comments: