Saturday, February 02, 2008

A glass can only spill what it contains.

Frustrated today. Taking a few moments out to blog. For whatever reason.

It frustrates me how quickly I forget the peace I've been given. How quickly I turn from joyfulness to restlessness. How quick I am to abandon the simple trust, and forget the things I asked for just hours earlier. New every morning, and still my soul is not like that of a weaned child.

I was awake early this morning, so I turned on almost every classroom heater on campus. Only one person said anything to me so far about it. I don't know if I want them to. I don't have a lot of doubts that people don't know it's me, but why do I do what I do? There really isn't anything of value in me. Maybe that's how someway soon I will begin to be used.

The ascent isn't as far as it seems to be from here.

No comments: