Monday, September 03, 2007

Come untie me

We had tacos tonight. Well, more accurately, afghan burritos. I have found that people think it is strange to have corn in tacos. I personally think it is good, and I always put corn in my tacos. I just fit in here in my own special little way.

Oh, and I've been told that people don't think I write as I talk (which is, in point of fact, true), and that I am, "Kind of weird." This is a recognized peculiarity of mine, with a proclivity toward incomprehensibility in times of certain mental processes. Look at it this way, you're getting to know the me that I sometimes think I know.

We had a guys meeting tonight that was really good, and brought up some things that I need to continue to consider. What if the pillars and heroes we thought stood firm as they were assailed really had the same human responses that we do? Does that make them any less of a pillar, any less of a hero? Or are they, in truth, a real hero because they stood even when racked with doubts, confused, frail and left to stand alone? Is it doubt alone that makes us less, or is it how we deal with the doubt?

What is love without trust, and what is love without sacrifice?

No comments: