Sunday, January 21, 2007

more than treasures

A shadow of what's real.

My boys played 4 games yesterday, 2 per team. Won all 4. We won our second H.S. by 1, on free throws at the end of the game. It was the first time we had led since we led 1-0. We were down 18 at half. I have no idea how we came back. Jr. High boys won the second game by three, mostly on a three one of the boys hit with 15 seconds left. It was a good day of ball.

I got my car back Friday. Rebuilt transmission. Much fun. Then I proceeded to drive it into the ditch last night coming back from Mom and Dad's. Just had to get it towed out, but it was embarassing and stupid. I just keep repeating the story to destroy someone's preconceived notions of me.

My computer is in Salina, they tried to deliver it yesterday. Now I just have to figure out how to get Fedex to hold it so I can pick it up from the FedEx office. Conveniently enough, their office is right next to mine. So hopefully it will be easy. I don't know.

Aphorisms aside, the time is just passing by. Maybe I'll find some retraction in the release.

No comments: